föstudagur, janúar 27, 2006

Kung Hei Fat Choi

Its New Years again. The year of the dog is about to take off and I have to admit I am not entirely sure which year we are seeing the back end of! Kung Hei Fat Choi is the appropriate greeting these days and should be followed by a little red envelope containing crispy fresh dollars to unmarried people, children, doormen, cleaning staff etc. The more you give away, the more successful you are going to be in the new year. Riiiiggght.

I will unlikely get any despite being unmarried still. I will however give out a few, and possibly be a little more generous this year than last year when I didnt have any money to give. I have bonded tremendously with some of the doormen at Jarrads place and will gladly donate some cash to them and their families. I can feel the wave of success hitting me already.

Its good how in Hong Kong you are constantly given the opportunity to feel good about yourself. For entirely selfish reasons, you agree to foster a puppy or a batch of kittens for a few weeks from the Preventing-Animal-Cruelty people. Whilst accepting the free food and litter they come with, you feel sooo good and genuinly think you have today become a better person. By giving half a percentage of your monthly salary to people doing your dirty work, you positively grow as a person. Riiiiggght.

I am a hypocrite.

Engin ummæli:

Skrifa ummæli