Brother's 30th birthday last Sunday. Us siblings together with Hulda's kids, went flightseeing - in a helicopter!!! Yes, hired one of those weird things that fly beyond anyones understanding up and down, sideways, diagonal, vertical, north and south, one circle around HK island. It was great to see the island from above, made me miss my days at Air Iceland when I knew nothing better than doing a low pass over the Icelandic glaciers and highlands. Unfortunately I lost/misplaced my brand new camera somewhere and didnt therefore take any pictures.
My NZ trip has been cancelled due to Jarrads participation in HK rugby squad training camp. I'm sure we will have plenty of opportunities to go to NZ, it aint going anywhere! I am quite busy myself these days so its actually not such a bad thing after all.
I have signed a lease for an office space in Sheung Wan together with a friend of Jarrads and last night we went to renovate it, Hulda, Bjarki and me. We are raised in a DIY culture where people dont have helpers, handymen and drivers to do the dirty work for us, so naturally we can shock the locals quite easily when we turn up with paint and ladders and plasters and tool kits. Even Jarrad was a little intimidated when he saw the blue collar version of me, scraping the window sill and plastering it afterwards like I'd done nothing else. Now the rest of the renovation is up to the Indian dude who just informed me he had never done this before. Go figure.
Otherwise, all is good in Hong Kong. Sun is shining and warming us up to 23 degrees this week, highly unusual for January but I wont complain!! It did go down to 6 degrees the other day when it was 8 in Iceland so I shut people up properly when they were mocking me for being cold all the time. I am warm today and want to go out and play.............
Engin ummæli:
Skrifa ummæli